These are examples of some of my experimental pieces:
Making to Measure
If you would like a garment made especially for you, please bear in mind that each piece is hand-crafted to your individual measurements; this process usually takes a minimum of six weeks dependent on the complexity of the style. I meet each client to take measurements and discuss their preferred choice of fabric, lining and trimmings (where appropriate).
A pattern for the garment will be made to your unique measurements after which it will be constructed in calico for a first fitting. Any fitting adjustments are then transferred back to the pattern before the garment is cut in the chosen fabric.
This is an example of the stages in making your garment to measure:
- Call to book an appointment to discuss your ideas
- First appointment. This entails taking detailed measurements, sometimes up to 25, from which a pattern, made to your unique shape, will be drafted
- Discussion and exploration of fabric and lining options
- First fitting of the calico toile (this is the ‘working’ shell of the garment)
- Confirmation of fabric choices, lining, buttons etc where appropriate
- Also at this stage small changes to the design can be made eg the width of the neckline
- Second fitting, this time in the main fabric and perhaps one more fitting after this...
- Collect your unique garment!