This first collection contains five simple, classic wardrobe essentials. All pieces everyone should own. They have their origins in vintage patterns brought up-to-date to fit comfortably in a modern wardrobe. Each design has been carefully chosen to suit and flatter most figure types. Each one is made-to-measure ensuring that it becomes uniquely yours.
A choice of appropriate and carefully sourced high quality fabrics and linings are on offer or the garments can be made up in the client’s own fabric.
Click on an image below to find out more details.
Making to Measure
If you like the first pieces of this collection and would like to have one of these garments made for you please bear in mind that I hand make each piece to your individual measurements; this process usually takes a minimum of six weeks to ensure a perfect fit. I like to meet each client to take measurements and discuss their preferred choice of fabric, lining and trimmings (where appropriate).
A pattern for the garment will be made to your unique measurements after which it will be made up in calico for a first fitting. Any fitting adjustments are then transferred back to the pattern before the garment is cut in the chosen fabric.
Please note that only small changes to the overall design of any garment, such as finished length are permissible.
This is an example of the stages in making your garment to measure
- Call to book an appointment, or use the contact form
- First appointment. This entails taking detailed measurements, sometimes up to 25, from which a pattern, made to your unique shape, will be drafted
- Discussion and exploration of fabric and lining options
- First fitting of the calico toile (this is the ‘working’ shell of the garment)
- Confirmation of fabric choices, lining, buttons etc where appropriate
- Also at this stage small changes to the design can be made eg the width of the neckline
- Second fitting, this time in the main fabric and perhaps one more fitting after this...
- Collect your unique garment!
Please read my Terms and Conditions before ordering.